MMB on Back/Forward/Up/Home Toolbar and Go menu

Leo Savernik l.savernik at aon.at
Fri Jan 7 16:42:07 GMT 2005

Am Freitag, 7. Januar 2005 03:03 schrieb Daniel Teske:
> Hi
>
> with this patch the home/up/back and forward toolbar buttons react to
> MMB clicking by openening the url in a new tab.
> (The drop down menus also react to MMB clicks.)

Yes! Tested and works.

> This also works for the go-menu.
> If MMBOpensTab is false, the url is opened in a new window.
> Ctrl+Left click always opens a new tab.

Yes! Tested and works.

There's still a little bug:

If I have !MMBOpensTab, and MMB onto back or forward in the web browsing
profile, the newly opened window gets the size of the file browsing profile
(but doesn't have the sidebar enabled). Can you look into this, please?

Other than that, you patch is perfect. Congratulations, I've been missing
functionality like this ever since.

> For the back and forward buttons the history is copied and any form data
> is restored.

Works, too.

> This fixes all but one bug of my last patch: KonqMisc::createNewWindow()
> still chokes if HomeURL is set to "~".

Can't reproduce. Ah, ok. I'm using $HOME, not ~

> daniel

mfg
 Leo