[patch] support document.body.onload

Harri Porten porten at froglogic.com
Thu Jan 6 11:45:25 GMT 2005

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005, Allan Sandfeld Jensen wrote:

> > I suggest to make it dependant on compateMode() == Interpreter::IECompat
> > at least.
> >
> I think we should enable it in all cases. If a website tries to set
> document.body.onload it is already treating us as if we were IE.

I agree that it doesn't make a difference for the detection. Still, I
personally always keep on eye out on how much we allow non-standard stuff
to be accepted silently rather than e.g. printing out a warning.

> I really like the patch because it both matches IE and standard behavior.

Oh. Only now I see that it is indeed part of the spec to support onload
and ununload in body elements. Therefore I retract my mode suggestion.

>From my quick view on the patch I *still* believe that the code
duplication could be avoided ;)

Harri.