khtml table-cell repainting bug

David Faure faure at kde.org
Mon Jan 3 22:56:52 GMT 2005

The attached testcase shows a repaint bug in khtml, which has been there for quite some time
(I could reproduce it with 3.2.3, 3.3.x and HEAD). It's about changing the background of a table cell.

Simply move the mouse over one of the table cells: the background of the cell is changed
(by the CSS rule) to a yellowish background, but only the area behind the text is repainted.
Switch to another desktop and back, you'll see the whole cell yellow, as it should be.

PS: is there a way to center a text vertically on a 140x49 area without using a table? :)
I tried various things like <div> to no avail.