[patch] to bug 82243 (not 88243)

Leo Savernik l.savernik at aon.at
Mon Feb 14 17:04:04 GMT 2005

Am Montag, 14. Februar 2005 16:50 schrieb Germain Garand:
> Le dimanche 13 Février 2005 22:20, Paul Temple a écrit :
> > Then I'll apply that patch as is, OK?
>
> it turns out it crashes on css1 tests. e.g
>     khtmltests/regression/tests/css1/test11.htm
>
> lt-testregression: dom_nodeimpl.cpp:842: void
> DOM::NodeImpl::closeRenderer(): Assertion `!m_rendererNeedsClose' failed.
>
> which most probably means closeRenderer() is called several times.

Then we should move it to the dom-api, as suggested earlier. As close is a
method of NodeImpl, and not of the renderer, there's no necessity for direct
interference with the renderer, and hence it doesn't pollute the interface
(as I initially assumed).

Paul, how comes that that testregression didn't crash for you in
css1/test11.htm?

Nonetheless, I hope you wouldn't mind moving the closing to dom/dom_node.cpp.
This should alleviate all the problems we've seen so far.

mfg
 Leo