[patch] to bug 88243

Germain Garand germain at ebooksfrance.org
Sun Feb 13 17:40:25 GMT 2005

Le dimanche 13 Février 2005 16:36, Paul Temple a écrit :

> > > and because closing the renderer interferes it. Ok, fair
> > > enough.
> >
> > Hi, sorry to intervene that late, but the way I see it, we are
> > only closing a node here, not a node's renderer.
> > That nodeimpl::close would actually close the renderer is not
> > of our concern.
> >
> > So I rather agree with Koos, that the fix should go in dom/*.
> >
> > Doing that from xml/* will only get the parser to prematurely
> > close nodes while they have children still to be appended.
>
> Doing that in xml - s. today's patch - does not affect the
> parsing process. And parsing <applet>...</applet> already works
> fine, only adding applets via DOM/Script does not work, as
> close / closeRenderer is never called in that case.

mmh, right the parser uses the faster addChild...
append/replace are used in some places, but from what I can see it's fine to
close the node automatically in those cases.

It looks OK then indeed.
Could you please add a note in the .h making clear that
replace/insert/appendChild will close the node, contrarily to addChild?

Greetings,
Germain