[patch] to bug 88243

Paul Temple paul.temple at gmx.net
Sun Feb 13 16:19:45 GMT 2005

Koos Vriezen wrote:
> I haven't tried your patch, but if I place kdBacktrace in
> HTMLObjectElementImpl::attach (called when attacked and too
> soon for applet/object to create (*)) and
> RenderPartObject::updateWidget that performs the object
> creation, I see:
>
> (*) eg for
>   <applet NAME="myappletname" WIDTH=800 HEIGHT=150>
>     <param NAME="code" VALUE="myapplet">
>   </applet
>   we have to wait for all params to be inserted as our child

the methods the patch extends are never called when html is
parsed - they are called when I appendChild/insert...etc. via
Script/DOM. JS Example:

    var node = document.createElement("applet");
    node.setAttribute('id', id);
    node.setAttribute('code', 'Test');
    node.setAttribute('width', '50');
    node.setAttribute('height', '50');