[patch] to bug 88243

Koos Vriezen koos.vriezen at xs4all.nl
Fri Feb 11 18:25:57 GMT 2005

On Fri, Feb 11, 2005 at 07:14:32PM +0100, Leo Savernik wrote:
> Am Freitag, 11. Februar 2005 18:11 schrieb Koos Vriezen:
> > > magically work in ecma script, but not in C++ (and any other language
> > > that binds to the C++ dom interface).
> >
> > Yes, I thought you would say that, but why move to xml/* and not dom/* ?
>
> Because xml/ interferes with the renderer, and never dom/ (which resembles the
> interface only, and must stay as lightweight as possible).

and because closing the renderer interferes it. Ok, fair enough.

One other thing you mentioned was that the parser doesn't use the DOM
interface. I guess you mean the DOM api, like appendChild and such. But
grep'ing for these, do show up  alot of them, even in
ml/xml_tokenizer.cpp. Albeit for XML, looking at where it's used, does
make one feel unconfortable adding the code we're talking about in
xml/*. Eg. in XMLTokenizer::finish() there are all kinds of calls to
closeRenderer(), and the remark is:
  // Close the renderers so that they update their display correctly
  // ### this should not be necessary, but requires changes in the rendering code...

Which means that if Paul moves his code, this (and more)  should be
changed as well? If so, one could suggest this a post 3.4 thing, no?

Koos