[patch] to bug 88243

Koos Vriezen koos.vriezen at xs4all.nl
Fri Feb 11 16:43:21 GMT 2005

On Fri, Feb 11, 2005 at 04:10:33PM +0100, Leo Savernik wrote:
> Am Freitag, 11. Februar 2005 02:04 schrieb Paul Temple:
> > If David says "looks good" it means: "Go ahead and commit".
> > Right? Just want to be sure...
>
> *Don't!*
>
> This must not be solved at the ecmascript level, but on the DOM level instead.
>
> You have to fix the implementation in xml/dom_nodeimpl.cpp instead
> (NodeBaseImpl::insertBefore et. al.)

Can you elaborate on this (note me asking this again)? There are lots of
usages of the implementation classes by ecma, because its only used at
that place, so moving it to xml/* only makes it more complex for the
normal case, ie. when the document is being build by the parser.
So what's your reasoning, eg. why not moving the code to dom/* or leave
it as-is?

Koos