intrinsic size of object (br33903)

Koos Vriezen koos.vriezen at xs4all.nl
Fri Feb 11 13:18:22 GMT 2005

On Fri, Feb 11, 2005 at 02:07:24PM +0100, David Faure wrote:
> On Friday 11 February 2005 13:29, Koos Vriezen wrote:
> > Anyway, some time ago Stephan add me to the CC list of br33903. So I
> > guess to fix this for all kinds of kparts and w/o using the liveconnect
> > extension, a signal in BrowserExtension is needed, where to the KHTMLPart
> > is connected and doing something like the javascript does. Of course I
> > can fix that. I something like that acceptable for khtml?
>
> I'm not following - which signal would you add to BrowserExtension?

Something like we have already:
  /**
   * Ask the hosting application to resize the top level widget.
   */
  void resizeTopLevelWidget( int w, int h );

But maybe we need two, or have a bool for that, that will tell khtml the
difference between the intrinsic size and a 'normal' resize. First case
should be ignored in case the object has width/height attributes already.
Eg.
   void reizeWidget(int w, int h, bool intrinsic);

Btw, I was testing some sites w/ applets just now and www.map24.com is
completely broken. My CVS version is from 20050205, but the changes don't
seem to be in this area (khtml is uptodate of course).
Anyone aware of this brokeness, the site constantly reloads itself.

Koos