khtml guru? (82243: cannot dynamically add applets...)

Koos Vriezen koos.vriezen at xs4all.nl
Tue Feb 8 18:42:01 GMT 2005

On Tue, Feb 08, 2005 at 07:33:24PM +0100, Paul Temple wrote:
> Who are the khtml gurus?

Not me :-)

> Does anyone of you (gurus) know where and how - directly calling
> closeRenderer or making HTMLObjectBaseElementImpl::recalcStyle
> call updateWidget, as Koos suggested? - this should be done.

I didn't suggest that!! I said HTMLObjectBaseElementImpl::recalcStyle
calls updateWidget too. That's different than calling it directly, note
the 'setChanged' hint.
Anyhow, what I forgot to mention is a bug a was tracing some years ago.
Applets with a long list of
<applet ...>
  <param ...>
  <param ...>
</applet>
had sometimes trouble getting all params. It seem to depend on the
network speed. Turned out that, while parsing, a layout/repaint
triggered the updateWidget _before_ the </applet> was read in these
unpredictable cases. So if setChanged might help, make sure its not set
while parsing.

Koos