toolbars removus

Koos Vriezen koos.vriezen at xs4all.nl
Sat Feb 5 14:02:57 GMT 2005

On Fri, Feb 04, 2005 at 05:46:56PM -0700, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Friday 04 February 2005 05:18, Koos Vriezen wrote:
> > Goal is
> > to please new users and honour 'old' KDE users configurations like it was.
>
> is it? or is the goal also to build a usable desktop? a mix of "familiar" and
> "better" as guided by good judgement seems more powerful a direction.

Sure, but there has to be some rule to select the "better" cases.
Otherwise we end up with 'I use that button, so shall the rest of the
world' arguments.
(Btw, I personally liked all those useless buttons. It created enough
space for the location bar after removing them :-) ..... hey firefox has
that too. Also with a never-heard-of-mousing-questioning eyes I follow
the cut/paste button discussion for browsing mode, anyways ...)

Koos