toolbars removus

Koos Vriezen koos.vriezen at xs4all.nl
Sat Feb 5 00:18:45 GMT 2005

On Fri, Feb 04, 2005 at 09:56:50PM +0000, Chris Howells wrote:
> On Friday 04 February 2005 20:23, Leo Savernik wrote:
> > IIRC even Wind*ws explorer features cut/copy/paste buttons in file
> > management mode.
>
> It does not.
>
> And even if it did, are you suggesting that something is good, just because
> Windows does it?

Somehow discussions about default ends with sentiment. Why not define
first what rule we apply defining defaults.  With that respect I would
vote for what the major platform does when some functionality is
current. In case of a web browser, I think we should apply to what
IE/firefox does. Given that konqueror is more than that, a button for
home directory should be allowed.
Face it, what difference would it make for us what default it is. Goal is to
please new users and honour 'old' KDE users configurations like it was. IMHO.
So the applied rule should be IMO, what does IE/firefox show for
browsing and explorer for filemanagement. Given that konqueror is also a
filemanager during internet browsing, button(s) for that should be
considered (btw. my own preference is show/hide sidebar instead of home
button, but who cares).

Koos