toolbars removus

Aaron Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Feb 4 23:55:12 GMT 2005

first, i really didn't mean to spawn another sprawling thread on this. i was
looking more for the maintainers / konq core hackers to comment (thanks
George for stepping up and doing your part in that).

On February 4, 2005 16:45, Dik Takken wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Feb 2005, Jason Keirstead wrote:
> > On Friday 04 February 2005 6:00 pm, Adam Treat wrote:
> >> Me too.  I hate usability discussions, but this seems a no brainer.
> >> Other browsers get by just fine without cut,copy,paste,find in their
> >> toolbar.
> >
> > Konqueror is not just a browser. A file manager without cut / copy/ paste
> > icons is not very useable for a newcomer.

i call bullshit. we can discuss the reasons why elsewhere, but this statement
simply is not generally true.

> That's why we need profile-dependent toolbars *before* we start cleaning
> up. Until that time we *need* two dozen icons to represent two dozen
> features, no matter if we need them any instant or not. Sad but true.

we've had that for some time now. XMLUIFILE=<somerc> in the profile config
file. it's possible today.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
Society is Geometric