WebDAV issue - rename of directories

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Thu Dec 29 13:36:58 GMT 2005

Dawit Alemayehu wrote:
>I really do not understand why the fix for this is not the same as it is
> for all the other clients... In Apache! The default rule they provide
> already includes workarounds for Apple's DAV implementation as well as
> Gnome's vfs besides the one for MS client. Why is our default
> user-agent string not included in that list ???

Because it wouldn't be a fix, but a workaround for buggy clients.

According to Hamish, the correct way according to the RFC would be to send
the request with the slash. Is that it? So why not do it the right way in
the first place? Why depend on tweaking one's webserver? Why send
malformed requests intentionally?

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358

4. And æfter se scieppend ingelogode, he wrát "cenn", ac eala! se
rihtendgesamnung andswarode "cenn: ne wát hú cennan 'eall'. Ástynt."