Kde 3.4.2 - Mapquest maps not displayed by konqueror

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Wed Dec 14 18:04:08 GMT 2005

Dave Feustel wrote:
>I just discovered that Konqueror in KDE 3.4.2 does not display maps.
>The box in which the map should appear remains blank.
>I checked at the library that Mapquest was working correctly
>and there got a printout of the map I needed.
>
>I was trying to get monroeville, in 46773.

It works fine here, KDE 3.5 beta 2 (r477777). The map loads fine.

It's just their search engine that is rather.... erm, stupid. It gave me
10 results for cities with homonym names, but not the world's 3rd largest
city... :-)

Other than that, I can zoom in to my house. (or at least the few blocks
around)

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358

4. And æfter se scieppend ingelogode, he wrát "cenn", ac eala! se
rihtendgesamnung andswarode "cenn: ne wát hú cennan 'eall'. Ástynt."