khtml still getting asserts on www.novinky.cz

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Wed Dec 14 08:29:46 GMT 2005

On Wednesday 14 December 2005 07:37, Pavel Troller wrote:
>   Because I had to make this site working, I tried to patch the code to
> return and do nothing instead of crashing on assert. Of course I don't want
> such a patch being accepted, it was just my personal test.

What might be interesting for the khtml developers is to replace all 'if
(attached) return' statements with

  if ( attched )
  {
      kdWarning() << k_funcinfo << "Trying to reattach! Backtrace:" <<
          endl << kdbacktrace() << endl;
  }

That way you can at least report the code path being followed without having
to know khtml internals. The shell command c++filt can demangle the method
names for you.

--
Martijn