Capture Konqueror screen shot

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Sat Dec 10 04:49:53 GMT 2005

yinglcs at aim.com wrote:
>Thank you for your response. But I am looking for a way to capture the
>WHOLE web content in Konqueror (not just the visible region).  Can you
>please tell me how to achieve that?

Well, that's not what you asked for initially.

You asked for a screenshot and you got that.

Do you want to get the HTML source code for the page? Use KIO::get.

Or do you want to get the whole KHTML rendering of the page? If so, I
recommend you embed the KHTMLPart into your application. You can use code
similar to the following to make a pixmap snapshot:

    QPixmap snapshot = QPixmap::grabWidget( m_part->widget() );

The code is taken from kwebdesktop, which you may want to take a look at
(KDE/kdebase/kdesktop/kwebdesktop/kwebdesktop.cpp).

You may also want to take a look at the recent "Gparts" library that lets
you embed any KPart into a GTK program. (No, I don't remember the URL)

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358

5. Swa he géanhwearf tó timbran, and hwonne he cóm, lá! Unix cwæð "Hello,
World". Ǽfre ǽghwilc wæs glæd and seo woruld wæs fréo.