compression in kio_http

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sun Dec 4 20:57:50 GMT 2005

On Sunday 04 December 2005 19:24, Tommi Mäkitalo wrote:
> Am Sonntag 04 Dezember 2005 16:08 schrieb Kevin Krammer:
> > On Sunday 04 December 2005 15:34, Tommi Mäkitalo wrote:
> > > Hi,

> > Do you have a test URL where you send such data?
>
> I set up a server here:
>
> http://hal.circle-of-art.de:8000/hello

I tried to debug a little so the folks at kfm-devel can save some time:

kdelibs/kio/httpfilter/httpfilter.cc

HTTPFilterGZip::slotInput gets called with 199 bytes which is also the length
specified by the HTTP header.

zlib inflate() is called with these 199 bytes of input.
zstr.avail_in is 194 after the call, result code is -3, zlib error message is
"invalid stored block lengths"

hth,
Kevin

--