KHTML Paged Media - Status Report

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at cirulla.net
Tue Aug 30 14:54:16 BST 2005

El Miércoles 24 Agosto 2005 20:48, Bert Bos escribió:

> > The last ironic standard problem are websites importing their
> > style-sheets with a "screen" media selector. This means the
> > style-sheet doesn't apply for "print" media, basically producing an
> > unstyled webpage. It appears to support broken web-sites a "screen"
> > media selector should be treated as "all".
>
> Please don't do that. By trying to fix some people's errors now, you
> break style sheets for other people, now and in the future.

I'm really glad someone is working on this.

Is there a plan to offer the option to the user to browse sites as a
collection of pages instead of as a single long scroll?

I think this new view mode would be useful both for web designers - who
could then find problems in their styles - and for end users - who, given
the above stated problems, could try it before printing to check if the web
pages would print well.

Actually, a paged presentation could find more uses. For example, an
appropiately constructed web page could function be used for a presentation
with page oriented advancement, or it could be browsed more traditionally
otherwise.

Luciano

--
Luciano Montanaro //