Total amount of data required to load a page

Paulo Moura Guedes moura at kdewebdev.org
Thu Aug 25 00:23:13 BST 2005

Hi,

It is possible with khtml lib to easily know the total amount of data that a
certain web page requires to be loaded, i.e., the document per si plus
images, etc?
That would be interessant for web designers, for example, in order to optimize
their load times.
I guess KHTMLPart have a way to know that, because of the progress bar it
shows when loading a page. I don't know precisely what elements should be
considered, else it would be a question to fetch the document and then
recursively fetch their relevant childs.
Can someone point me into the right direction?

Paulo