Changing Cookies/Popup Default Settings

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Tue Aug 23 13:39:50 BST 2005

On Tuesday 23 August 2005 12:23, Stephan Binner wrote:
> On Tuesday 23 August 2005 10:34, Martijn Klingens wrote:
> > add a notification like the one we already have for blocked popups, and
> > allow the user to unblock the cookies for once or forever from the status
>
> This is not going to happen for KDE 3.5 anymore. :-( I hope we can agree on
> existing option settings which don't present a dialog for almost any site.

Ugh... you want to change this in 3.5? the first alpha has already been out, I
somewhat doubt we will get a lot of feedback about it anymore.

I'm not sure what the current defaults are, but IIRC it's the cookie popup for
originating cookies and deny for cross-domain.

For 3.5 you might accept cookies coming from the originating server as long as
you do *NOT* turn them into session cookies. AFAICS that does allow for
tracking cookies from DoubleClick.net and friends though, I see no sane way
to avoid that, other than keeping the popup.

--
Martijn