Konqueror and the Acid2 test

James Ots kde at jamesots.com
Tue Aug 23 09:09:29 BST 2005

On Tuesday 23 August 2005 07:42, Andras Mantia wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I just checked if Konqueror/KHTML is really able to pass the Acid2
> test. Seems hat the rendering is fine, but if you scroll the page it
> brakes. Two black lines (one above a yellow and one above a red one)
> remains in fixed position and the top of the head disappears.
> KHTML from 3.5 branch from yesterday.

Indeed it does. See http://www.webstandards.org/act/acid2/guide.html in the
section labelled "ROW 1": 'This row is the scalp of the face and it tests
fixed positioning, minimum and maximum heights, and minimum and maximum
widths. In the markup, the row is represented by a p element which is fixed
to the window rather than the scrollable canvas. If the Acid2 page is
scrolled, the scalp will stay fixed in place, becoming unstuck from the rest
of the face, which will scroll.'

--
Cheers
James Ots