Changing Cookies/Popup Default Settings

Dave Feustel dfeustel at verizon.net
Tue Aug 23 06:18:07 BST 2005

On Tuesday 23 August 2005 00:00, Stephan Binner wrote:
> On Monday 22 August 2005 23:05, Dave Feustel wrote:
>
> > This would then be KDE's definition of 'secure by default', right?
>
> Not sure what you want to say. Is above to be read ironical?
>
> Bye,
>    Steve

I'm always startled when I go to Konqueror settings for the first time
after installing KDE and find Java and Javascript enabled globally.
I disable the global options immediately.
I am definitely of the opinion that that's a bad way to surf and that users
should have to explicitly turn on that and other similarly risky options
(cookies, for example).

--
Tired of having to defend against Malware?
(You know: trojans, viruses, SPYWARE, ADWARE,