Crash when creating a KHTMLView

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Thu Aug 11 09:30:15 BST 2005

Andreas Kling wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 09, 2005 at 10:30:57AM +0300, Andras Mantia wrote:
>>  Since a recent change in KHTMLView, Quanta crashes on startup when it
>> tries to create a KHTMLView object. The code in Quanta does:
>>  KHTMLPart(new KHTMLView(this, widgetParent, name), parent, name)
>
> Oh dear, I'm very sorry about breaking your application. :-\
>
> Here's how I would fix it (and if no one complains, I'll commit it):

I don't really like the introduction of a friend class. As I saw ref/deref
is done in the constructor destructor, so what about:

KHTMLFactory *factory = new KHTMLFactory();
accessKeysEnabled =
KHTMLFactory::defaultHTMLSettings()->accessKeysEnabled();
delete factory;

Not tested, I have no idea if it works or not and if it is correct or not.

Andras