Crash when creating a KHTMLView

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Tue Aug 9 08:30:57 BST 2005

Hi,

 Since a recent change in KHTMLView, Quanta crashes on startup when it
tries to create a KHTMLView object. The code in Quanta does:
 KHTMLPart(new KHTMLView(this, widgetParent, name), parent, name)

and the crash is hitting the assert in
KHTMLFactory::defaultHTMLSettings(). The new code causing the problem
was introduced by this commit:

http://websvn.kde.org/branches/KDE/3.5/kdelibs/khtml/khtmlview.cpp?rev=440572&r1=438982&r2=440572

I'd suggest to add a KHTMLFactory(true); call before accessing the
defaultHTMLSettings() altough I'm not sure where to use the deref() or
how/where to delete the KHTMLFactory(), so the reference count is
decreased.

Andras

PS: Yes, it means that Quanta is unusable in Alpha1.