default application for unknown mime-types

David Faure faure at kde.org
Thu Apr 28 09:49:12 BST 2005

On Wednesday 27 April 2005 15:52, Miroslav Suchy wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm using Khtml for single task: open web page, take screenshot, close.
> But if I open HTML page with some plugin/image/video which have unknown
> mime type, dialog with option (Cancel | Save as | Open with) pop up. I
> would like to avoid this window. I try to create dummy application like
>
> #!/usr/bin/perl
> while (<>) {}
>
> and want to make it default application for unkown mime types using mime
> type all/allfiles but without success.

A default application doesn't really help since you should then get
cancel/save/open instead of cancel/save/open-with, not much improvement there.

But you might want to simply emulate the "don't ask again" checkbox being clicked.
For that, add to your app's config file, under [Notification Messages] :

askEmbedOrSaveapplication/x-shockwave-flash=no
askEmbedOrSaveapplication/octet-stream=no
etc.
and the same with "EmbedOr" removed (askSave...)