how to add an external app to a primary or secondary konqueror drop down list

Mitchell Laks mlaks at verizon.net
Thu Apr 21 07:16:05 BST 2005

Hi,

I regularly use konqueror on my debian system. I had a question, but I am not
subscribed to the kfm-devel list... I could not find the answer in the faq or
web site.

Currently if while browsing i want to open up a pdf externally with an app say
xpdf or acroread,
I must right click on the pdf url, left click "open with", i get a drop down
list and then select I must select "other" and then I must type in the app
name. same with acroread or whatever each time.

1) what configuration file (xml or whatever) can i modify for konqueror
to add the individualized apps i would use to the
secondary 'qmenu' drop down list that appears when I right click and then
select  "open with" do that?

2) can we add this question/answer to the faq

3) also an idea: how about letting the app remember the   recent application
names that i did used and add then to the 1rst or secondary level menu....

thanks,
i really use konqueror all the time and love it...

can you cc me as well as the list,

Mitchell Laks