features request in KHTML for interaction with another KDE project

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Mon Apr 18 21:57:15 BST 2005

On Monday 18 April 2005 22:33, Sebastien Raveau wrote:

> Please consider the following scenario:
> " a user is visiting http://www.arctic.org/~trockij/ "
>
> As you can see, the homepage embeds 3 images: trockij.gif,
> trockij-parappa.jpg and good-for-the-company.png
>
> The user then clicks on the link called "not very impressive to look at",
> which points to http://www.arctic.org/~trockij/kernel.org.jpg
>
> Now, hawKeye will indeed know that the user saw trockij.gif,
> trockij-parappa.jpg, good-for-the-company.png and kernel.org.jpg, but only
> by parsing the HTTP requests, there is no way of distinguishing between the
> images that were embedded in the homepage, and the kernel.org.jpg that was
> viewed separately, as illustrated by the following 2 HTTP requests:

You misunderstood me.
Of course hawKeye cannot tell which requests of the traffic generator belong
together, it could be a tabbed browser requesting several documents
simultaniously or Firefox prefetching stuff.

I was referring to the request sequence you get from the content viewer.
The one you have to be the proxy for.

Cheers,
Kevin