features request in KHTML for interaction with another KDE project

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Mon Apr 18 18:46:04 BST 2005

On Monday 18 April 2005 17:53, Tobias Anton wrote:

> So what is it? I understood that you want to make html pages available
> offline so that they can be rendered later on without an internet
> connection.

As far as I understand it is a traffic monitor which wants to allow to
visualize the monitored traffic in application level semantics.

Similar to how other analyzers can recognize different TCP protocols and
visualize those protocols state, etc.

So for the HTTP example the monitor application would recognize the TCP
packets as HTTP and would like to have the possibility to show the
transferred data as the rendering the traffic generator (the requesting
browser application) very likely shows as well.

I am not sure why there is a need for filtering the dependend documents from
the loaded HTML document, the traffic monitor should at this point already
know which other documents have been requested by the traffic generator
before.

Cheers,
Kevin