Questions about KHTML

Pierre D. pinaraf at robertlan.eu.org
Thu Apr 14 12:49:26 BST 2005

Le Jeudi 14 Avril 2005 13:38, Sebastien Raveau a écrit :
> Hi Pierre,
Hi Sebastien
> On Thursday 14 April 2005 13:14, Pierre D. wrote:
> > He has some questions about KHTML :
> > - Is it abstract enough to render the web pages into an image we can  can
> > access from Java ?
> Wouldn't that be a bit overkill? Especially for scrolling (well, ok, you
> could make an image of the webpage from top to bottom, and then move it up
> and down in LG3D) and animated content (animated GIFs, Flash animations)...
> IMO, the good approach to a 3D desktop would be to have X11 draw directly
> into an OpenGL context, so that all X applications could be directly
> integrated into a 3D desktop without having to provide extra support. But
> that's only my personal opinion...
Currently, the X applications can be used without any problem on LG3D : I use
Konqueror, Kontact, amaroK, Konversation and Kopete without any problem on
it... (but it is slow)
I don't really know all the internals of LG3D, but a lot of documentations is
available on https://lg3d.dev.java.net
> > - Will it run standalone, or does it assume the rest of KDE is running ?
> There is already a "separate" project trying to do that:
> "Konqueror/Embedded runs on the Qt/Embedded platform for embedded devices,
> in an environment without a KDE installation or a X windowing system"
> http://konqueror.kde.org/embedded/
Thanks