Strange Render error in KDE 3.4

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Mon Apr 11 15:08:45 BST 2005

Hi,

I'm not a subscriber, so please CC me on replies.

I am using SuSE 9.1 and the update KDE 3.4 packages.

The following webpage exhibits a very strange effect when scrolling - only
part of the page scrolls, almost as though some layers are fixed.  I'm not
good enough at reading HTML/CSS to be able to debug the problem more
adequately, unfortunately.

http://uk.standardlifebank.com/content/mortgage/rates/rates_table.html?type=mortgage&category=fixed&orderby=name&orderdir=ascending&mode=table&ifa=false

This only affects version 3.4, I can't reproduce this behaviour in 3.2.3 or
3.3.2  On one of my machines, it has _repeatably_ crashed Konqueror, killing
the Xserver in the process, and locking the console up...  Full reboot
required - by ssh login!

Can anyone else using non-SuSE packages confirm a display problem, please, and
then I'll file a bug report.

Thanks,
Maf.

--
Maf. King
PGP Key fingerprint = 8D68 A91F 733B 2C1F 43B7  2B7C E591 E8E1 0DE7 C542