Fwd: media plugins and javascript

Koos Vriezen koos.vriezen at xs4all.nl
Tue Apr 12 13:41:49 BST 2005

On Tue, Apr 12, 2005 at 01:37:42PM +0200, David Faure wrote:

> --

> Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 04:15:28 -0700
> From: miguel deanda <sodamnmad at gmail.com>
> To: faure at kde.org
> Subject: media plugins and javascript

[..]
> I'm writing directly to you since there doesn't seem to be much
> information on using such players on konqueror. I've realized that
> using an object tag with the correct mime type gets quicktime files to
> play. However, I haven't been able to get much out of the object to
> get the video's duration and current position. I figured that it may
> be like in java applets where I just have to know the name of the
> method to call in order to get a particular property.

Konqueror's html part supports this. It all depends if the installed
media player plugin supports this too.
I happen to maintain a media player plugin (kmplayer) that does support
many of the javascript bindings that MS MediaPlayer and RealPlay plugin
support (however much of these are just dummies, and stays that way until
I found a usage for it).
However this won't help you, because most of the distribution ship the
kaffeine media player that also has a plugin for konqueror. You might
want to contact the kaffeine developers for this.

Regards,

Koos Vriezen