XML, XSL, XSLT, XPath support?

Leo Savernik l.savernik at aon.at
Fri Apr 8 17:11:05 BST 2005

Am Freitag, 8. April 2005 09:29 schrieb Koos Vriezen:
> Compound Document Format sounds cool. But do you expect everything to be
> KDOM based (and isn't that a lot of work, or is it realistic)?

No. It's mostly about KDOM based documents being able to embed other KDOM
based documents or generic kparts, and forwarding to them the appropriate
events.

> Now we have
> only kpart based embedding, which has the obviously benefits of re-using
> work of others.

Even ordinary kparts would profit from integrating them more tightly into the
layout+render process, be it only for proper z-stacking.

> However, when it comes to cross document scripting, we only have
> liveconnect now. I recall asking Rob once if kparts using libkjs could
> be connected in khtml. Does someone reading this knows, can libkjs
> iterate over its global objects and can a kpart-host use that one? That
> would solve it too, ie. connect a kparts global to khtml's OBJECT and
> push some 'top' global in the kparts scope.

That'd be way cool.

> Allthough one would be at
> the grace of the kpart writer whether the ecma binding would be DOM (but
> does that really matter for eg. a PDF viewer).

This doesn't really pose a problem. Now that kate is getting scripting
support, I'd love to see it being scriptable as an embedded object, too.
(In kate's case, they could even simulate a simple dom tree:
Document
+ HTMLElement
  + HTMLHead
  + HTMLBody