XML, XSL, XSLT, XPath support?

Matt Rogers mattr at kde.org
Thu Apr 7 17:38:33 BST 2005

On Thursday 07 April 2005 11:46 am, Frans Englich wrote:
> On Thursday 07 April 2005 15:13, Matt Rogers wrote:
> > >
> > > And this way you're asking Frans to invest time on something that AFAIK
> > > everybody think it should be replaced by KDOM.
> >
> > No, i'm not asking anybody do to anything. If Frans volunteers to modify
> > current KHTML to get XPATH support working, cool. If he does it in KDOM
> > instead, cool.
> >
> > My whole point was that having it in KHTML would be more
> > useful to Andy at this current point in time, so telling him about KDOM
> > (which is only used by KSVG2 at this point) and how KDOM will have it,
> > and how KHTML will use KDOM in the future is not only giving Andy a
> > decent solution,
>
> Hey, indeed true. No solutions for Andy. But I told how he can get one ;-)

True. :) The thing that I really took objection too is the fact that it was
basically stated to Andy, "yes, we're porting khtml to kdom for kde 4", which
isn't the case yet since we don't have a solid decision. I dislike it when
people say something is going to be done even though no decision has been
made. I think it's misleading and serves no purpose to tell somebody
something which might happen (truth in advertising, so to speak). I probably
should have been more clear on that part, but hey, the kfm-devel list is way
more active now than it was a few days ago. ;)

Matt