XML, XSL, XSLT, XPath support?

Matt Rogers mattr at kde.org
Thu Apr 7 14:15:59 BST 2005

On Thursday 07 April 2005 08:48 am, Frans Englich wrote:
> On Wednesday 06 April 2005 16:53, Andy Beltran wrote:
>
> Hello Andy,
>
> > Is there any plans for Konqueror to support XML, XSL, XSLT, and XPath?
>
> The one who did it planned it. A hand from one who has knowledge about the
> language is welcome.
>
> You're invited to help out with developing XPath/XSLT. One of the first
> steps is to convert the XPath stack in kdenonbeta/xpath to KDE's
> "next-generation" DOM implementation, kdom, found in kdenonbeta/kdom. How
> to fetch these sources, is described here:
> http://developer.kde.org/source/anoncvs.html
>
> The KDOM developers have a small readme file with notes etc about
> development, which I have attached.
>
> Questions can be posted on this list, or privately. Feel also free to drop
> in on #ksvg on the open project IRC network(KDOM developers).
>

> That's the plans for XSLT support.

Bring yourself back to reality for a minute. You propose to make
kdenonbeta/xpath work with KDOM when KDOM isn't even used in KHTML yet, and
nobody has said it will be. Maybe you should think about finishing
kdenonbeta/xpath and make it work with current KHTML first, as I'm sure that
would be much more useful for both Andy and anybody else who wants XML, XSL,
XSLT, and XPATH support in KHTML now rather than later. Otherwise, you're
asking somebody to invest time in something that might be cool but isn't
guaranteed to be used, and it sounds like Andy could really use support for
XPATH in KHTML now rather than later.

Matt