KHTML and onLoad

Tobias Anton TA at ESC-Electronics.de
Mon Sep 27 19:18:59 BST 2004

On Montag, 27. September 2004 14:03, Sebastien Richard wrote:
> Tobias Anton wrote:
> >In that case, completed() would adequately be emitted on load, but a
> > second later, we'd have to "revoke" it, because then, we're in progress
> > of loading again.
>
> Why shouldn't use completed(pending=true) in this case ?

Because we already emit completed(with no parameter) in that case.
We should have dropped completed(with no parameter) in favor of
completed(bool) long ago, but I assume that too much software depended on
that.

What is your problem with the current implementation and what behaviour would
you expect for the general case, if in a page's javascript code a redirection
exists that possibly depends on dynamic parameters?

How would you decide whether to emit completed() or completed(bool)?

> Actually, I am using KHTML to render web pages, so I would like to be
> able to render any page with an onLoad without having to change it before.

Huh? Wasn't your statement before that it did render your page correctly?

The completed()-signal has little to do with KHTML's rendering. The signal is
only important for a shell that embeds a KHTMLView to display a "finished
and page1.html and page2.html are completely loaded. Page3.html is loaded
_after_ completion. Does IE, for example, display the "finished"-message
later than we do?

Cheers
-- Tobias