KHTML and onLoad

Sébastien Richard sebastien.richard_kde at m4x.org
Sun Sep 26 12:25:46 BST 2004

 Hi all,

I am trying to understand how KHTML is working to be able to link with it.
Here is the scenario I had imagined for a request :
openUrl(url)
process event loop
until emit (completed) or emit(completed(true))

But, if my web page is

<head>
<title>TEST</title>

<script language="JavaScript">
<!--
function loadFrames()
{
       upframe.location="page3.html";
}
//-->
</script>
</head>

<frameset rows="50%,50%" onLoad='loadFrames();'>
<frame src="page1.html" name="upframe"/>
<frame src="page2.html"/>
</frameset>

If I run this with kdedebug enabled, I can see that I get the signal
completed()  BEFORE the HTTP GET query for page3.html.
And I receive the signal completed() not the signal completed(pending=true).
Is this a bug ? Is there any other variable that could indicate me that
the loading is not finished ?
Konqueror manages to render the page correctly but I can't explain how.
Thanks for help.

Sebastien