konqueror/kfm <> plug-in or part or what?

David Faure faure at kde.org
Thu Sep 23 13:14:25 BST 2004

On Friday 27 August 2004 18:50, Joe Roback wrote:
> Hi All, again.
>
> I have a kioslave. I want to add menu entries to konqueror only when my
> kioslave is active.

You mean when listing items from that ioslave?
We should add support for protocol-specific servicemenus, I almost did it for kio_trash already...

> I first tried a konqueror plug-in, but konqueror loads plugins no matter
> what URL is in the location bar...
Yep.

> Does anyone know what I need to do to implement this? I only want my XML
> file to be loaded when my kioslave is active.
I lack context (XML file?)

> Can I load a konqueror plugin from the slave somehow?
No :) A slave is "simple and stupid", and runs in another process...

> The exact same actions that happen with a PDF and kpdf, if you click on
> it in konqueror, it adds stuff to the menus, and when you leave the PDF
> they go away. It uses a KPart, is that the road I want to go down?
It uses a part to actually render a given file, of a given mimetype.
That's not your case, right? Your kioslave can give out any type of file?

> Remember I want whenever myslave:/< doesn't matter what the url is, just
> the protocol>, to have to menus changes.
Please take a look at the servicemenu tutorial (http://developer.kde.org/documentation/tutorials/dot/servicemenus.html).
If this could solve a problem provided that X-KDE-Protocol=myslave was supported,
I will add support for that.