Intergrating mht file to konqueror

David Faure faure at kde.org
Wed Sep 22 12:15:59 BST 2004

On Wednesday 22 September 2004 12:03, Leo Savernik wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 22. September 2004 10:26 schrieb Spiros Georgaras:
> > Hi all
> >
> [...]
> > The thing I do is I convert the mht file to war and display it with
> > KRun::openUrl("tar:/tmp/kde-spiros/<file name>.war"), so the war file opens
> > in a new konqueror window.
> [...]
>
> What I'd like to see is that khtml supports mhtml natively. The basic code is
> already there (khtml/kmultipart), it only has to be adjusted for the purpose
> of reading in mhtml.
>
> David Faure, creator of kmultipart, can certainly tell you how feasible this
> approach is.

Let's see...
http://www.dsv.su.se/~jpalme/ietf/mhtml.html#summary
"The main idea of the MHTML standard is that you send a HTML document, together with in-line graphics, applets, etc., and also other linked documents if you so wish, in a MIME multipart/related body part."
(and apparently the standard is described in RFC 2557)

Ah. Well, this has almost nothing to do with kmultipart, despite the fact that they both use the MIME multipart thing.

KMultipart is about server-side push, i.e. the multiple parts *replace* each other.
KMultipart _uses_ KHTML from the outside, i.e. it can only send a piece of HTML data to it, no inline images etc.

MHTML is about some kind of storage where the parts reference each other.
This needs some hooks in the KHTML loader, or it needs an ioslave (kio_cid?).