PATCH - HOME URL and profiles

Dawit A. adawit at kde.org
Sun Sep 19 21:55:02 BST 2004

On Sunday 19 September 2004 13:14, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Sunday 19 September 2004 04:39, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > your patch assigns a home url to a profile. Now you can switch in one
> > profile between web browsing and file management. A per-profile home will
>
> it almost begs the question if profiles shouldn't change based on what the
> user is doing. e.g. have a "Default Web Browsing" profile and a default
> "File Management" and switch based on protocol. probably not a short term
> thing, as i'd guess (without looking at the code, i'm cooking pancakes ATM
> ;) it's a non-trivial change.

Besides the point I made in a previous response, wouldn't that amount to an
attempt to read the user's mind ? To me it also demonstrates that the idea of
profiles was never intended to do what people are attempting to do with it.
Namely make it look as if "Web-browsing" is a distinct functionality when in
reality it is not. It is however a great showcase for konqueror's flexability
by design. Not that that is always desired...

--
Regards,
Dawit A.