PATCH - HOME URL and profiles

Dawit A. adawit at kde.org
Sat Sep 18 01:31:09 BST 2004

Hello,

I know this issue has been a point of much discussion as can be seen by a bug
report with high number of votes and comments (BR# 8333) as well as a recent
article on the dot that show how to hack around a solution.

With the attached patch my intention is not to start another long debate, but
to see if we can easily solve this problem without a need for a hack and
without breaking the current behavior while at the same time allowing people
to change what the "HOME" button does per profile. I have actually not coded
up the GUI changes yet. It is going to be pending the outcome of this
discussion. I do however have a UI file that shows what the changes to the
profile config dialog might look like:

http://members.cox.net/kdelists/screenshots/konq-profile-dlg.png
http://members.cox.net/kdelists/uifiles/konq_profiledlg_ui.ui

Any suggestions, comments, feedback, opposition, support, icecream, cake and
cookies are all welcome...

--
Regards,
Dawit A.