[quanta-devel] Fwd: [First patch] design mode (was: [Q] replacing the textarea widget)

Koos Vriezen koos.vriezen at xs4all.nl
Tue Sep 14 19:19:59 BST 2004

On Tue, Sep 14, 2004 at 01:11:16AM +0200, Leo Savernik wrote:
> Am Montag, 13. September 2004 23:05 schrieb Koos Vriezen:
> [...]
> > Hmm, didn't know the caret code itself will be replaced too. Leo talked
> > about the Webcore merge after 3.4.
>
> What I meant is that I probably won't be able to finish the merge before 3.4
> freeze. Yet I'll begin merging as soon as I've got time.
>
> > For me it is to try FCKEditor working
> > with khtml before 3.4. So it's more like to get something working now
> > and fix other things that prevent it (like it now seems the lack of
> > onreadystatechange events).
>
> If you only want to do a quick hack, fine, but please keep it compatible to
> what WebCore provides (even if not supported fully).

For this patch yes. However, looking at the webcore code, making it
compatable to it basicly means merge the apple code, no? Webcore has
this WebCore-146.1/khtml/editing directory with their Midas
implementation. It uses the caret members from DOM::NodeImpl and
DOM::Position/DOM::Selection and those from khtml::RenderObject. So what
remains are the ecma bindings..
What might be an idea, that I start with this merge and you step in when
you have the time. What do you think? (I expect to need some help with
rendering stuff).
Btw, those newly apple source files have a license basicly 'Do what you
want but you must add this license'. Is that okay for khtml?

Koos