Gmail support

David Joham djoham at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 6 23:54:43 BST 2004

Hello,

I've spent all afternoon looking into this and haven't gotten very far. Gmail's HTML and
JavaScript (to be nice) leave a lot to be desired.

>From googling (ironic, isn't it) it seems that gmail makes heavy use of the XMLHttpRequest object.
My latest version of Konq (3.2.1) doesn't seem to support this yet. However, I do see code in the
latest cvs snapshot for it. Does anyone know if 3.3 supports this feature? If anyone who has 3.3
cares to check, I've put together a simple XMLHttpRequest test page at:

http://xmljs.sourceforge.net/testSuites/proxyTest/test.html

In order to log into GMail, I had to hack ~/.kde/share/config/kio_httprc to have an entry that
looked like this:

[google.com]
UserAgent=Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; en_US, en_US.UTF-8, en; rv:1.4.1) Gecko/20041130

This at least let me log in, but then died at the loading screen....

Best regards,

David