[Q] replacing the textarea widget

David Faure faure at kde.org
Thu Sep 2 21:52:03 BST 2004

On Thursday 02 September 2004 18:13, Didier Verna wrote:
> Leo Savernik <l.savernik at aon.at> wrote:
>
> > Actually, no. The textarea widget is generated as part of the render tree,
> > and that is private.
> >
> > Sorry if this isn't the answer you were hoping for.
> >
> > Just curious, why do you want that?
>
>         For medium to large text edition (e.g. wiki stuff), I dream of having
> an XEmacs window embedded in my browser.

The first step would be to port khtml's RenderWidget to use the KTextEditor interface,
so that any text editor can be used there.

The second step is to implement a KTextEditor for XEmacs ... Kalle and I started
long ago, but didn't get very far (so it's not even published anywhere). Hmm, in fact
what we did was more like starting to add a lisp interpreter to kate or any
ktexteditor-capable editor, to be able to use all the lisp stuff we have. After all
it's that which makes xemacs powerful, not the way it actually renders text.