When OBJECT's 'confirm open' becomes not so nice...

Koos Vriezen koos.vriezen at xs4all.nl
Sat Oct 16 00:52:13 BST 2004

On Fri, Oct 15, 2004 at 06:31:44PM +0200, David Faure wrote:
> On Friday 15 October 2004 14:42, Koos Vriezen wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm a bit confused when there is a confirm dialog to open a link in a
> > KPart or when not. Here is one obviously not so nice:
> > http://service.real.com/help/library/guides/realone/ProductionGuide/HTML/samples/embed/plugin2.htm
>
> I don't get a message box when opening that page. Do I need to click somewhere?
>
> If you get one, then maybe you asked (in the file associations dialog) for a mimetype
> to be opened in an external viewer? Show me the debug output from konq :)

Hmm strange, I get 19 popups overlapping each other with a 'Save As',
'Open with' and 'Cancel' button. Nasty thing is, other than 19 message
boxes, is getting the focus back on whatever application (most easy is
ALT-CTRL-Fx and kill konqueror from there :-( ). Can this happen, ie can
there be data events in the event loop of these message boxes that
generate more of these?

Mime is audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin that has no associates, but I have
kmplayer set as embedded viewer for audio/x-pn-realaudio ('-plugin'
should be striped here actually, so I don't really understand the
dialog's question..). The 'Ask whether to save to disk instead' is
selected (not that I did that IIRC). Funny that you see nothing, do you
see any plugin embedded at all?

Koos