plug-in query

Koos Vriezen koos.vriezen at xs4all.nl
Thu Oct 14 07:12:14 BST 2004

On Wed, Oct 13, 2004 at 04:50:06PM -0700, Makam Ambikacharan-MGIA0261 wrote:
> Hello,
> 	I have developed applications for pc and now I am trying to use the konqueror browser on an embedded linux. I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction to solve the following problem. Thanks for your time.
>
> What I am trying :
> 	A webpage with Javascript to invoke browser plug-in. Develop this plug-in to have public methods which can read my log files [text files].
>
> What I had done :
> 	On windows I was doing the same thing by using javascript and activeX plugin and it worked fine.

If you want a plugin with a visual component, like flash, then
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kfm-devel&m=109005871211955&w=2
might help you.

If you don't need it to be in a webpage, a simple KPart would do.

If you don't want that, chances are that you should develop a khtml plugin
(like those in kdeaddons) which injects a KJS::ObjectImp (eg. as a
window.myobject) every time a new page get loaded. Maybe others can
correct me on this last option..

Koos