viewing aspx pages

Daniel Molkentin molkentin at kde.org
Fri Oct 8 02:07:17 BST 2004

On Friday 08 October 2004 02:47, airplays55 at yahoo.com wrote:
> Is there a way to view aspx files that konqueror says
> are of type application/octet-stream (binary
> executable)?  (I have konqueror 3.2.2 w/kde 3.2.3
> under knoppix)

Works fine: see e.g.
http://www.123aspx.com/Directory.aspx?dir=145
(first google hit on "aspx")

> For example try visiting Dick Cheney's favorite site
> www.factcheck.org and try to view any of the articles
> there.  Neither konqueror nor mozilla were able to
> view those pages.

Well, those webmasters better learn how to configure their webserver properly.
It seems the pages were only tested with IE. The reported mimtype is simply
wrong. In IE, extensions seem to take precedence over mimetpypes, but this is
broken. So please ask the webmasters to fix their server.

Cheers,
  Daniel

PS: Didn't Cheney talk of http://www.factcheck.com ? ;)