Intergrating mht file to konqueror

Spiros Georgaras sngeorgaras at otenet.gr
Tue Oct 5 11:53:26 BST 2004

David Faure wrote:
> > >3. I also want to ask if writing a kioslave is self contained. I mean
> > > does konqueror need to have a corresponding part of code in order to
> > > know that it should display ' mht:/d/292 Euro.mht/' as a directory
> > > listing, etc?
> >
> > No, Konqueror doesn't need any more code than it currently has.
>
> That's unfortunately not true either, if you want konqueror to open an
> archive-like file using an ioslave like it does for tar files. This
> currently needs a hack in konq_mainwindow.cc but I plan on fixing that
> soon, now that Joseph has added some mimetype properties which will allow
> to do this in a generic way (not sure why Joseph didn't proceed and change
> konq_mainwindow as well at the same time, after we discussed the solution
> :)

So If I got that right, my ioslave won't work in konqueror until the hack in
konq_mainwindow.cc is done.

At this point, double-clicking a mht file gets a message that konqueror does
not handel this kind of file and the debug is
konqueror: WARNING: KonqFactory::createView : no factory

And when I press <Ener> on 'mht:/d//292 Euro.mht/' or 'mht:/d//292 Euro.mht',
I get the message that the file does not exist. (Or is this an error of my
ioslave?)

Spiros