Intergrating mht file to konqueror

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at kdemail.net
Tue Oct 5 10:38:52 BST 2004

Spiros Georgaras wrote:
>My mhtProtocol::listDir function adds a UDSEntry for each of the files
>contained in the mht file. Is this the right thing to do?

I believe so. That's how all listDirs report their files.

>What exactly is the function of mhtProtocol::stat? I mean what arguments
> could it take and what should it return?

Cf. man stat

It's checking the status of the file or directory to see if it exists.

>3. I also want to ask if writing a kioslave is self contained. I mean does
>konqueror need to have a corresponding part of code in order to know that
> it should display ' mht:/d/292 Euro.mht/' as a directory listing, etc?

No, Konqueror doesn't need any more code than it currently has. All you need
is in your kioslave: either in the form of code, or in the additional
instructions provided by the .protocol file.

For example, the fact that it's a directory listing is specified in
the .protocol file.
--
  Thiago Macieira  -  Registered Linux user #65028
   thiago (AT) macieira (DOT) info