[patch] Position of 'Close' on Konqueror Tabs

Datschge datschge at gmx.de
Tue Oct 5 04:14:07 BST 2004

Hello,

Following up the usability discussion two weeks ago [1] I'm pleased to
be able to offer a patch now. The patch as well as a screenshot are
available at http://datschge.gmxhome.de/patches/konq_tabs.html

What this patch does is following:
1) Separating strictly context dependend stuff from the rest
-> Rename 'switch to tab' submenu to 'other tabs'
-> Move 'reload all tabs' and 'close other tabs' into this submenu
-> Remove all mention of 'tab' in the root menu (since that's the
context)
2) Sorting menu entries strictly by 'destructiveness'
-> Moving commands changing the least (new, duplicate, reload) up
-> Moving those changing the most (detach, close) to the bottom

Disclaimer:
While I'm following changes to the frameworks and reading source code
for years now this is nevertheless actually my first time changing
c++ code, so please review throughoutly before committing. The patch
builds and works seemingly flawless in a HEAD CVS build from last
night on my laptop.

Comments are welcome.
Cheers, Datschge =)

[1] http://lists.kde.org/?t=109533670700002